Monday 21 February 2011

Retail Therapy

Happy Monday everyone.  It’s still dreary in Clacton BOOOOOOO!! I’m hanging in there for the spring..  I can’t wait.

I had a really lovely weekend.  I have a confession to make.  I had a lot of retail therapy OOOOPPPS!! Oh well when my goodies come I will show it.  But as a sneaky tell tale, one of the goodies I really had to save for this item, and it’s gonna be really useful and practical.

Saturday Mum and I went off too the Stitch and Craft show and as usual we got lost on the way, I mean come ON it was only up the road in Braintree, but we did have a lovely drive through of Stisted. The craft show was wonderful, impossible to take photo’s as there were so many people.  There was everything there and more.  I was there for a look see as I had never been to one before and Mum was looking for a new craft.  If you are into paper crafting, scrapbooking, card making etc then you would have been in your heart of glory. There were loads and loads of stalls there for paper crafting.  Hmmm let me think about the kinds of stalls.  Well there were paper craft, quilting, sewing, knitting, silk painting, clothes makers, basket weavers, cross stitchers oh loads and loads.

I bought myself a cross stitch kit, the design is one of my favourite artists, Suzanne Woolcott with one of her girls.

SDC11055

I also bought this lovely basket, which I am thinking beachy for the summer to put my crafts in when I go down there.

SDC11056

And I bought a new craft which I’ve never done before.  It’s called Decopatch and it’s a fast craft with quick results.  I did one tonight just before blogging.  I bought a giraffe which I’ve yet to name.  But I think he has come out really well.  I really enjoyed doing it and also because of the non smoking me, I am looking for things to do.

SDC11043

I finished my love cushion finally.  I did enjoy this one, but I don’t want to make another one.

SDC11057

My cushion front is coming along really well.  I am really happy with it.  I’m going to make another one for a gift.  I bought all the material I needed to do it.  It’s so easy to make.  Although it does take me ages because of the wrist.

Anyhooo I am off to take mummy to work. 

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I really appreciate every one :o)

Have a happy day!
Paula xx