Sunday 11 September 2011

Never Forget

10 years on and we are still effected by the devastation of that awful September day.  I remember it well..  I had just finished my housework, the day was a quiet day and all the windows were open letting in the breeze.. It wasn't blistering hot but it was a warm day.  The sky was blue with just a brush of cloud.  I made myself a drink and sat down for the news.. There it was on every channel.  You know when you are not quite really listening, that was me.  It wasn't really registering at that point.  Shock, horror,  I don't know why?.  I went into the kitchen made myself some toast and came back in.  Usually I would watch an afternoon soap, but this day I kept the news on.   As the news was showing it showed everything it hit me, all those people, all those families, where are they, where did they go, did they get out, are they still in there?   Unknowing the tears were falling..  What I can only explain what was despair.  Never have i felt that and not since either..

Wishing peace and celebration of lives, rather than pain of death x

1 comment:

  1. I remember watching it all unfold on TV too. It was like watching a bad movie... so unreal. I am not sure why humans must be so hateful. Very sad to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I really appreciate every one :o)

Have a happy day!
Paula xx