Sunday 3 June 2012

Char n Chips

So we are here at The Old Milking Farm somewhere in the middle of somewhere lol… He loves it!. For him I think it is his respite, he is calm and thoughtful… And it’s those moments that make me realise why God gave him to me..  He is stood outside looking on into the field as I type.  I don’t know what he is thinking, or what he see’s but he is happy, oh so happy, and a happy Charloo is a happier Paula…. The accommodation is super clean, fresh, bright and breezy.  Everything you can possibly need has been supplied.  I think the only complaint I have is we can’t stay boooo…  There are 3 t.v’s but no one has had them on, I think its the tranquillity..

Saturday we left dreary Clacton on Sea at 7.23am..  yes 23 minutes behind schedule already.  Yippeeeee! If anything goes to plan then I ain’t going out the door. Mum, Charlie and I all got in the car and chose how long it would be before I got the huff with someone and had a moment of road rage.  Charlie said 1 mile (thanks for that!!) Mum said around 8 o’clock but I was optimistic and when for 12ish…  The actual time of road rage was 8.17 am so mum was nearest…  She got to pay for McDonalds for being so clever BAH!  Ok so there I was poodling on down the motor way as you do when I came across a twonk who was driving at like 2 mph in the fast lane, I was like why?  Then I was like f*&king hell, then I was flash, flash of my lights, get the hell over, then I did a naughty and over took on the inside YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOWWW… But c’mon….. 

Anyhooo the drive was wonderful and not as long as I had thought..  I was worrying quite a bit seen as it really is the first time I have travelled since my lovely little accident…  So I was a lot scary, but we are on day 2 and there is NO pain, thank you papa!   We drove to Winchester where we was going to get out and mosey on round the town BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where was the parking?  As far as we could see there wasn’t any but the town looked pretty huge, so we looked from our windows as we drove by and into Frome.

Cheap_Street_Frome

Now frome is a very quaint little town it is not a village, nor a city, it’s a town.  It has a mixture of all kinds here.  We parked easily by a little market, which sold lots of fresh produces and also plants and well markety stuff lol.. We walked through the town which had all your modern shops but also it had many traditional shops, like toy shops, haberdasheries, stationary also tea rooms, ice cream parlours and lots more.  This was one of the few streets that where scattered over the town.. We had a cuppa tea down this one and in the middle that is a gutter with running water.. It was quite tranquil sitting there..  Charlie was mesmerised, I think mum took pics?

Today we went off to Cheddar Gorge and I must say, I want to return before I go back.  Never have I seen such beauty.  If you sit and look at the wonder of all the crags its amazing.  The Gorge was an amazing piece of gods work for sure.  We did go in to the caves briefly but as we were going deeper and deeper, it did become less and less leg friendly, so I stopped going down further.  It was cool though, I had a little headset that was giving me all kinds of information. It’s amazing that the water from up above still falls and goes in to the Bristol whatevery..  In one part of the cave there was a huge errrrrr shelving thingy that was maturing all the cheese, there was no stench but my eyes kinda clouded over bwahahahahaha!!!

Cheddar is not at all for the faint hearted..  You need a good set of legs to battle the gradual climb and decent of the gorge, plus there are so many shops, I think maybe too many.  While we were there we went in nearly all the shops and attractions, but we never did it all and we have a valid ticket for 10 years if we want to go back and visit the remainder… 

Eating we popped into a place called Derrick's Tea Rooms.

Hameggnchips

Mum had ham, egg and chips, which I said looks like 2 boobs with a beard bwahahahahahaha..  Yeah she never though it was funny either..

eggsnchips

I had just egg and chips OH MY FLIPPEN WORD lol NOMOMOMOMOM!!

charnchips

And char? well Char and chips all round please..  Actually my little Tarzan has not stopped stuffing his gob since we have been here.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I really appreciate every one :o)

Have a happy day!
Paula xx