Monday 24 December 2012

Christmas Thoughts

DSCF0140Well it’s that time of the year when I think about what message I would like to say to you guys.  This year I wanted to reflect on the different ways we celebrate the season.  It seems that more and more of us are crossing over into different meanings of what the holiday is..  For me it’s all about celebrating the birth of Christ.  I do believe in Christmas, but not in what Christmas has become.  For me it means to share, with family, friend's and loved ones.  It’s the only time of year when peace can be practised and us as humans seem to care just a little bit more.  Which makes me think maybe we should have Christmas everyday.  Maybe peace should be given more freely, maybe we should be turning the other cheek.  But on saying that how does one turn the other cheek if our loved ones are taken from us unnecessary..  I want to cast my thoughts to those who were taken from their families this year.  I wish I could comfort their hearts and bring peace to them, but I cannot.

Over these next few days there are going to be some very hard times for families of the taken.  I pray that they have some peace, even just a fond memory of a happier times, to remind them that there is always hope, there is always love.

May god bless the families and loved ones of..

Dawn Hochsprung (principal), 47

Mary Sherlach (school psychologist), 56

Victoria Soto (first grade teacher), 27

Rachel Davino, 29

Anne Marie Murphy, 52

Lauren Russeau, 30

Charlotte Bacon, 6

Daniel Barden, 7

Olivia Engel, 6

Josephine Gay, 7

Ana M. Marquez-Greene, 6

Dylan Hockley, 6

Madeline F. Hsu, 6

Catherine V Hubbard, 6

Chase Kowalski, 7

Jesse Lewis, 6

James Mattioli, 6

Grace McDonnell, 7

Emile Parker, 6

Jack Pinto, 6

Noah Pozner, 6

Caroline Previdi, 6

Jessica Rekos, 6

Avielle Richman, 6

Benjamin Wheeler, 6

Allison N. Wyatt, 6

But lets not forget Adam’s family and loved ones who are also victims here. We tend to forget those who are left behind.  I pray they also have comfort this holiday, they have also lost a loved one..

Then there is Jay Whiston.  Closer to home.  A neighbour, a student at the school where I work, taken.  I wish his loved ones the peace and comfort they deserve.

So whatever holiday you celebrate, just spare a little thought..  I wish you all a truly happy Christmas xxx

3 comments:

  1. You have made sure that they are in my thoughts today. Maybe especially Adam's family for me. Merry Christmas to you dear <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pauline, I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and I totally agree that it's a time to think of others less fortunate than ourselves and those who are no longer with us. I wish you and your family a happy and peaceful 2013 :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  3. As someone who has been following this, I can't even imagine what they are going through this holiday season... all of them. Here's hoping to a more peaceful year for 2013

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I really appreciate every one :o)

Have a happy day!
Paula xx