Saturday 5 January 2013

Just Whizzing By

Urgh this weather is totally wretched… Totally! Anyhooo as I sit here listening to All Angels I thought I would blog my latest creation. I coloured up this Teddy Bo Image with Ranger Distress Pens..    It’s a little thank you to a little boy who gave me a little pot of hyacinths for Christmas.. 

SDC12035

SDC12036

This is a close up if you hadn’t gathered already LOL!! I am not sure about those little gemy thingy’s I got from The Ribbon Girl..  And let me tell you The Ribbon Girl has a fantastic service.  I ordered one day and received the next.. Lovely jubbly..

Anyhooo I want to have a quick chatty about distress markers and what I think of mine.. Like a mini review.  Ok I like them and I don't like them.

I don't like them because;
I’m heavy handed and they kill the paper when I am blending
The nibs get all weird and lumpy I am always pulling fibres from the tips
The fine tip is too fine
The colours are hard to work out

I like them because;
One pen can produce an array of different shades
You can blend them wet or dry
You can get nice lines
There are lots of colours to play with
They are permanent until you wet them
The colours can be really vibrant.

Here is what I am working on.  (Using Promarkers <3) It’s Saturated Canary challenge you know all top secret stuff lol… Gosh that’s a huge smudge there on the shoe PAH!

SDC12039

Well today I am proud of myself in a totally different way than being crafty.  My proud moment for today is that for 5 days I have blogged, and for 5 days I have shared things with people who I don’t know and would like to get to know.  My proud moment is getting myself out there and stop being shy or doubtful that my work is terrible and no one would really want to see it.  So that’s what I am proud of getting involved..

What are you proud of today?

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I am so doing that challenge! I already know what digi and what song I want to do =) I am proud of you for being proud of you!!! <3 I am proud of me for staying on my new way of eating *cough cough* diet *cough cough* for five whole days now =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card...LOve this Teddy Bo..Such a sweetie.
    Chrissyxx
    I think it's a case of we are all are talking to ourselves lol..and are hoping someones listening! Will watch for your top secret stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula this is a gorgeous card! The colouring is fabulous!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable bear and a lovely card... I won't even try the distress markers - I'm useless with colouring that involves water lol... although I'm quite tempted to get them anyway, so I can use them directly on stamps... just not to colour with! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh he's gorgeous Paula and I am loving the SC violet and girl that splodge is teeny, I am always making splodges and bodges but thats just me :) he he he he!!
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. so gorgeous paula.i really love your bear and those dewdrops look fab :D
    have tried painting with normal distress ink but it wasn`t working .lol

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I really appreciate every one :o)

Have a happy day!
Paula xx